Smashing Book #3⅓ — The Extension: Links and References
On this page we collected all links from the "Smashing Book #3⅓ – The Extension" for your convenience. Please bear in mind that the content or designs may have changed in some cases.
Chapter 1: The Missing Elements of Redesign: Story
- Wikiquote: Muriel Rukeyser
- Wikipedia: sankofa
- Facebook: Key Facts
- The European, "Information Is Cheap, Meaning Is Expensive": Interview with George Dyson.
- Kapur, Shekhar. "We Are The Stories We Tell Ourselves".
- Abrams, J.J. "Mystery Box".
- Wikipedia: "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus".
- Ruger, Kelsey."The Art of Business Storytelling".
- Wikipedia: Norman, Donald Arthur. "Emotional Design", 2005.
- Behar, Yves. "Designing Objects That Tell Stories".
- Wikipedia: Experience Design
- Wikipedia: Gamebook
- Nutt, Mike. "Non-Linear Narrative in Digital Storytelling".
- McGuane, Elizabeth and Snare, Randall . "Making up Stories: Perception, Language, and the Web".
- Popova, Maria. "Chart Wars: The Steering Power of Data Visualization".
- Medina, John. "Worth a Thounsand Words".
- Caputo, Tony C. "Visual Storytelling: The Art & Technique", 2002.
- Cohn, Neil. "A Visual Lexicon".
- Wikipedia: Visual Language
- Beaird, Jason. "The Principles of Beautiful Web Design Article".
- McGuane, Elizabeth and Snare, Randall. "Making Up Stories: Perception, Language, and the Web".
- Wikipedia: Show, Don't Tell
- XHTML Café
- Zeldman, Jeffrey. "Twitter Status Update".
- Create Digital Media
- Ruger, Kelsey. "Storytelling in Business: Elements of Story Structure".
- Cox, Patrick. "Developping Visual Rhythm in Web Design".
- Danzico, Liz. "The Power of the Pause".
- Power of One
- Online Writing Lab, "Literary Analysis: Using Elements of Literature".
- Captain Dash
- Duct Tape & Glitter
- Barrel of Monkeys
- Amazee Labs Extreme
- Wikipedia: Chekhov's gun
- Kyrnin, Jennifer. "Click Here: How to Write Links That Work".
- Daniel Mall
- Rutledge, Pamela. "Transmedia Storytelling: The Reemergence of Fundamentals".
- Rutledge, Pamela. "Transmedia Storytelling: Neuroscience Meets Ancient Practices".
- Wikipedia: Thematic patterning
- Second Story
- Finck, Nick. "The Cross-Channel Experience".
- Starmer, Samantha. "Designing Cross-Channel Experiences".
- Ateş, Faruk. "Designing to Where the Web Will Be".
Chapter 2: Rethinking Navigation: Techniques and Design Patterns
Chapter 3: Rework Your Content So It Works for You
- Visual Web Spider
- Site Orbiter
- Godin, Seth. "On Critics, Criticism and Remarkability".
- The Content Calculator by Eat Media.
- Driscoll, Michael. "Project Management + Content Strategy".
- Study: "Content and Credibility" on Content Science
- Page 106: Kahn, Ali S. "Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse".
Chapter 4: Responsive Smashing Redesign: A Case Study
- Armstrong, Chris. "Goldilocks approach to responsive Web design"
Although we tried to do our best to avoid any mistakes or errors in the book, we did make some mistakes. We apoplogize for that. Here is the list of the mistakes we've found so far (you can also report mistakes and errors in the book):
- Page 16: Shekhar Kepur's Name is mispelled "Shekar" in the Footnote.
- Page 20: Missing authors in footnote 21: Elizabeth McGuane and Randall Snare
- Page 21: Neil Cohn's article appeared in The Public Journal of Semiotics, January 2007.
- Page 43: Missing fullstop after the author in footnote 49.